Tuesday, December 7, 2010

HAPPINESS BEGINS WITH A DECISION—A RECOGNITION, A CHOICE (BY ELDON TAYLOR)

"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. It's how I arrange my mind. It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulties or get out of bed and be thankful for the new morning. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away. Just for this time in my life."

Why not start building your happy memories today by choosing to be happy. Take charge of your thoughts today. It's not your mind if you allow anyone and any media to fill it indiscriminately. It's not your choice if you're choosing between the options programmed for you to choose between. It's past time to become the programmer of your own mind. To own happiness you must first get beyond all those negative thoughts and feelings that have been foisted upon you as a part and parcel of your enculturation.

Begin today by finding the good in all if it requires saying to yourself, "I can't wait to see what good comes from this." Hold onto that gratitude attitude and happiness will follow. Help another and the speed by which happiness arrives will be accelerated.

Do a good deed every day and you will glue that happiness to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment