Monday, December 27, 2010

On loving yourself more… (by Abraham)

A workshop attendee asks Abraham how to love herself more, how to feel more worthy and deserving, and how to have more fun:

Abraham: Well, a big piece of it has already fallen into place because everyone naturally loves themselves. There is nothing more natural than for you to feel the way you feel. And the you we are talking about is that Source-Energy You that came forth lovingly into this experience, who loves what it sees. In other words, the essence of you, the Energy of you, the soul or Source of you, is love. And you train that out of yourself (primarily in the way that your question amplifies) in that you worry about what this one and that one and this one and that one think of you.

How do I love myself? The answer to that is…just stop not liking yourself. In other words, love is the natural state of being if you are not pushing against something unwanted.

We have been talking about Energy Balancing, and we want you to realize that whatever you give your attention to activates a vibration. So when you look at a buffet of things and you say yes, it activates it. Yes, it activates it. Yes, it activates it. If you are saying yes to the things that you want, then you have activated things that you want, and you are offering a vibration only about what you want, and Source Energy is answering that. Now everything is flowing comfortably.

But in this Universe where it is all about attraction, there is no assertion, there is no exclusion. You cannot say no to something and make it go away. When you say no to it, it comes, because attention to it asks for it, or activates the equivalent within you, which is the same thing as asking for it. So when you look at a buffet of things wanted and unwanted and you say, "Well, I want that, but I don't want that," you include them both. "Well, I want that, but I don't want that. I like this about myself, but I don't like that about myself." Now you have activated all of that. So now, instead of a clear, pure, balanced Energy (balanced meaning in alignment with Source), you are out of balance because you are introducing all this foreign stuff. And the feeling of not liking yourself is introducing a whole bunch of vibrations that do not mesh with who-you-really-are. So the feeling of not liking yourself or someone else, the feeling if anti-love, is the feeling of introducing vibrations that do not allow a pure Connection with the Energy that is love.

Abraham offers a "Rampage of Appreciation," self-talk to help everyone feel better about themselves and their lives:

Abraham: "Here I am in my physical body, and I'm now consciously recognizing that I'm an extension of Source Energy. And, understanding what I'm now coming to know about Source Energy, that means that I am Pure Positive Energy and that the essence of me is all wonderful things, and that anytime I feel less than enthusiastic, eager, appreciative, or in love of self, it's because I've introduced something else unnatural to the equation.

"I'm so happy that I have a Guidance System within me that will point out to me, moment by moment, incrementally, anytime I may be introducing an Energy relative to myself or relative to anything that would keep me from being in balanced vibrational alignment with who-I-really-am.

"So I'm loving my Guidance System. I'm loving my emotions, all of them. I'm loving the ones that feel wonderful, and I'm loving the ones that don't feel so wonderful, because all of them are there to assist me in tweaking myself—moment by moment, gently, more and more, subject by subject—into vibrational alignment.

"I love that there's no race to run about this. I love that I'm an Eternal Being and that I can take my time in it. And I love that the rewards are instantaneous…that as I reach for something and feel good, I'm right there. And as I reach for something and don't feel so good, I can still reach for the best-feeling thought that I have access to, and that's good enough for right now. In fact, that's all I do have access to right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment